Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Suelas: For the love of Flats


My Suelas Collection

I'm a big fan of flats that is why I love their shoes.

Sometime last year I was browsing the internet to find something interesting. I discovered foldable flats, not Suelas but Footsie Roll. I have been reading feed backs and reviews about the brand that eventually convinced me in buying, not just 1 but 3 pairs at one time. Unfortunately to my dismay, they weren't really comfortable at all, it rips off easily in just one use. However it was true to its word being light weight and you can carry it all along in your bag. The transaction with the seller was also very easy but, just wished that I bought a dozen and even more spartan slippers instead (hehe). Siguro malas lang ako with my internet purchases. =(


Their packaging. Your reliable travel buddy.

But in my search of the most comfortable flats, I came across Suelas in the net. Luckily, they have their products displayed at Catalogue in Gaisano Mall in Davao. So I bought my first pair, that was Barca Red. I was happy with my purchase, I can wear in during my casual days with jeans and shorts. I am a fan of Suelas, and I will continue to patronize their products, but there are some points that I would warn you when you wear your suelas pair. Don't use it when it's raining, the water seeps in the sole, the feeling would be very uncomfortable. Wear it on regular sunny days, don't make it your everyday footwear, if you want your pair to last longer.
My Suelas collection

Over the year I have noticed the improvements of their product. The soles got thicker, the materials used are much more sturdier, and more durable compared it to their old designs (but i haven't tried wearing it when there is rain). It is still a good travel companion, since it's foldable and has its own carry on case for easy storage. It is not space consuming in shoe racks and best of all their designs are pretty, unique and proudly made in Pinas. They just had such an epic flats. Thank you Suelas.

My newest pair. My favorite among all hahaha :)
Suelas X Laureen Uy (Feminine)
These shoes were designed by Laureen Uy (Stylist/Fashion Blogger/Upcoming artist)
I just love the stud details of these shoes. With a little bit of color blocking going on, accented with Mandarin Orange and Fuchsia Pink. <3

Wearing my Red Barca

I used it during our Singapore Trip

During my laag2 in Cebu

 -XOXO

4 comments:

Hanna said...

Tried them in the Rain: Llanura Coral Flats. :)

Well, the rain destroyed the flats though very durable pa rin siya. Unlike yung ibang flats na naghihiwahiwalay na. Yung skin lang got a little ripped but nagagamit pa rin. I think they have to improve the material for the skin.

But never the less, wearable prin. So I made it my pambahays. :D

Issa Irasga said...

Maybe it also depends on the style and material being used, My Red Gecko Impresso was still in good condition after washing it. Napuno kasi siya ng putik nung umulan during a concert held outdoors.The color faded a bit pero very wearable pa rin. However, with red barca, after it got soaking wet, yun din ang issue ko kasi medyo narip off ung leather in bet. the soles. but the stitching was still intact. Sayang din, nasira agad, fave ko pa naman =( But I guess ung new Barca line nila is way more improved than the older design when it comes to durability.

Tsina said...

I have that one too - yung kay Laureen. But I dare not try it on the rain. :d

Diane Writes said...

Hi Issa! I've been wanting to purchase pair from Suelas but I'm quite reluctant with their sizes. Although they have a size chart provided (http://www.suelasonline.com/p/size-guide.html), I find it weird that I landed in size 6? while my feet is normally size 8 to 9 on local brands.

Are their sizing consistent with local brands or at least with your average shoe size?

Thanks :)