Friday, March 30, 2012

Weekend Roadtrip to Surigao City



This was an old post from my facebook account almost two years ago. The original file was unfortunately saved in my brothers laptop which happened to be deleted without me knowing. Just a little breather from portraits and fashion, here goes my desperation of being a travel and landscape photographer. This was on our way to Surigao del Norte, which happens to be my mothers hometown. These photos for me are PRICELESS.

It was a very much anticipated weekend, family together with nature = makes u bond closer from one another. :) It's also a blessing to celebrate my Lola's 84th Bday at the same time visit the two places that I've been longing to go since I was a child. Among the list were Lake Mainit and Mabua Beach. Lake Mainit which is known as the country's 4th largest lake and Mabua Beach for its unique pebble shoreline. You need not to travel afar, for you can enjoy the beauty of nature just at the tip of your nose. Some best things in life are indeed free.


LAKE MAINIT, SURIGAO  DEL NORTE




Lake Mainit: Their own version of floating restaurant, more likely the concept of Loboc River. They also have entertainers that serenaded them at while visitors and tourists are having their buffet lunch. 









My Brother with his GF Anne



MABUA BEACH, SURIGAO CITY

If Boracay is known for its fine white sand, Mabua is for pebbles. Yep, round stones of all sorts, sizes and colors. I've been longing to visit this place for years. The long wait is over!

The gushing sound of waves as it hit the pebble shores is simply music to my ears. I just found myself sitting and enjoying under the heat of the noon day sun. Taking photographs at the same time enjoying the view. Take note, It's a bit difficult to walk around, so I prefer walking barefoot and with caution ('coz you might slip and hit the stones yourself). I know I wont able to visit this place again for sometime, so I savored the moment, even if we only stayed for a few hours. Where in Philippines can find this unique beach... only in MABUA.







We only stayed in Surigao City over the weekend then went home afterwards to Davao. I am so glad to have visited these places, as it is one of the sought after attractions here in Mindanao. Nature's beauty at its finest I must say. I do hope that we Filipinos would learn to protect and preserve these remarkable places so that our future generation would still be able to appreciate it not just in photos.





2 comments:

TB said...

Just discovered your blog and absolutely love it! You have lovely photos. I'm a fellow filipino-american blogger! Follow my blog when you get a chance. Thank you!

Issa Irasga said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I do appreciate it a lot. :)