Saturday, November 19, 2011

Foodtripping CEBU!

The reason why my I love the City of Cebu, aside from their white sand beaches, is their FOOD. On my personal knowledge, Cebu is known for its cookery and skillful chefs and cooks, even locals serve their guests good food. The gastronomic feast just wont stop and I really feared that I might add up some pounds as we get home.

SUTUKIL PLACE IN LAPU-LAPU CITY

Among the many restaurants, we decided to dine at Manna Food House

Wide array of seafood dishes. yum!
There are a number of Sutukil (stands for Sugba, Tula/Tinola, Kilaw/Kinilaw) Restaurants that lined up we end up with Manna Food House. As you can see at the top photo, they display their wide array of fresh seafoods, you get to choose the seafood yourself and have them cook at your preference at very affordable and reasonable prices.If you want good local and Filipino food, this is the place to be. And take note, it's best to eat with your bare hands.

Some of the food we ordered. Crabs, shirmps and scallops. Didn't got to take many photos because we got our hands dirty.












CYMA GREEK RESTAURANT (The Terraces, Ayala Center Mall, Cebu City)

Outside Cyma Greek Taverna, Ayala Center Cebu
I am not really familiar of Mediterranean food. I once have known about Cyma during my vacation in Boracay, because of its positive reviews online I found myself interested with their food but unfortunately we weren't able to dine there. So during my Cebu visit, we came across Cyma at Ayala so I suggested to my mother to have my Grandmother's Birthday celebration there. The place is neat, with friendly and accommodating staffs. Their serving is also big, I only ordered  their Chicken Gyro (Chicken strips with veggies and dressing wrapped in pita bread), I even had a hard time finishing it, it's delicious by the way. They also have perks for Birthdays celebrators with a minimum order of 500php , they will giving away a complimentary meal (a choice of their signature dishes), an ice cream with candle on top and a birthday song greeting from their staffs.

The chicken gyro that I was talking about. Such a filling dish.

I forgot to ask why greek tavernas serve 2 forks without a spoon. hehe


Moussaka: Greece's National Dish - layered seasoned ground pork and beef, roasted Japanese eggplant and Greek bechamel sauce. Sounds complicated?! It's a dish that you must now miss. But we got this one for free. The complimentary meal for lola.

Staffs singing Lola a B-day Song :)

THE IMPERIAL PALACE (Mactan City, Cebu)
Imperial Palace facade, a view from the inside

A five star resort and one of Cebu's newest and finest place to visit. Their buffet is to die for, they have one of the longest buffets in town which costs around 1400-1500 php. But we didn't had buffet, we just had a quick tour at the place (we might check in here someday) and had some pizza at their lounge. One of their executive chefs in the hotel is my cousin's relative, amazing! According to him, he was the one who made the restaurant's menu. Looking forward to have my buffet there soon, but for now we just had pizza for snacks.

Delmar Lobby Lounge

The pizza we ordered :D

BON APPETIT!



No comments: