Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Best Asian Wedding Proposals Ever

Photo taken during Atty. Gene and Jessica's E-Session  (Classic Red Chucks Theme)

Since "Love Month" a.k.a Valentines day is now fast approaching, I guess I have to prime you as early as now. For all lovers and friends out there, you might want to fall in love with the videos that I would be sharing with you. It was sometime last week, while preparing for our procedure in the operating suite, I had my playlist sorted, brought along my mini speakers and started playing Up Dharma Down's "Oo", this is actually one of my favorite song from the band. Then one of the resident surgeons went inside the room and we started talking about Up Dharma Down. Then he told me about this certain video, that he has this friend from their mountaineering club back then (if not mistaken ha) that invited the band to sing during his marriage proposal. The band was his girlfriend's favorite, so it's such a way over the top effort to do such act.

Anyways, since he was not telling me about the details, So I thought that the couple were just having a typical dinner date, then the guy suddenly pops out the ring and propose, and the band slowly enters to serenade the couple. Ok, I admit that my mind isn't working well that time. haha Actually, I totally forgot about this, not until Doc Kirk reminded me if I have watched the video already. So, right after work as I got back home, I watched the video and I have to be honest it did moved me a lot. I literally got goosebumps, promise. Simple pero hanep ang dating.  How I wish someone would get his mind twisted and will propose to me like that, (In my dreams pa siguro) Anyone? surprise me hehe just kidding.

So without any further adieu , here's the video and see for yourself...


*Soundtrack by: Up Dharma Down "Tadhana"

Years ago, marriage proposals aren't that popular in the Philippines, some may have been doing this because perhaps of our western influence. It is something that we usually see among american films. I guess this is only possible among a few brave ones and of course to those willing to spend moolah to buy a diamond ring. Pressure among the guys, must save up for the ring ok?

Lately, this practice has been adapted by many Asian countries already. May it be simple or grand, the matter of its approach and impact is really important, so guys another pressure, be CREATIVE. Make your woman cry! As in, sobbing tears ha ....LOL I just hope that the sincerity between couples will last not only from the wedding preparations and the honeymoon stage but for a lifetime. 

Here's another video that I saw on Youtube, this couple is from Malaysia. I really find the guy very sweet and cute... darn I never thought that there are men like them that still exists. I thought that it only happens in the movies. haha


*Sountrack by: Christina Perri "A Thousand Years"

You might be inspired to do your very own proposal, if not today, maybe tomorrow, or yet in the near future. So tell your special someone that you love them and that you can't wait to spend your lifetime together with them. LOL Char! Feeling Doctor Love noh? Save up for the diamond ring first! Kung di afford Zirconia na lang (kidding!) haha But I admit that I am a sucker of the greatest and cheesiest love stories that has ever been told. May it be from a good movie that I saw or from any other ordinary individual like me. Oh well, I'm only human. *wink


SPREAD THE LOVE <3



*I don't own any content among the videos posted, I just wanted to share these videos that I recently watched on youtube. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Issa Irasga said...

totally agree @karensmith :)