Friday, January 20, 2012

Cebu City Snapshots


Outside Basilica del Sto. Nino, Cebu City

If I have to cite a favorite city in the Philippines aside from Davao, Cebu is top of my list. I have been visiting Cebu for almost every year. And I thank Cebu Pacific promo flights for this opportunity. Last, Sunday January 15, Cebuanos celebrated the Sinulog Festival .

 I've attended the Sinulog twice already, last 1999 and 2007,  for sure the celebration this year was way bigger and better. The whole experience would not be complete if I won't be able to attend their early morning mass at the Basilica, despite the place being crowded.  Last 2007 was my first time to participate the religious procession, which was graced by many devotees  and pilgrims as they say the holy rosary in the streets of Cebu, which is one of the main events apart form the Grand Sinulog Street Parade.  These two events are to be expected yearly. Being able to participate with these events is something fulfilling, as a Christian myself. Or even not on the religious aspect, since Sto. Nino is very significant in our history as well. Those were just a few of my experiences during Sinulog.

In commemoration of the recent festivity, I have with me some Cebu City snapshots during my trip last year. Better posting late than never. Looking forward to another Cebu adventure this July 2012! Yipee!


The famous Magellan's Cross

Magellan's Cross


Balloon vendors are all over the place :)



Beautiful altar of the Basilica del Sto. Nino



The original building has been preserved, during our visit, the church was still under renovation.



Devotees, tourists and visitors, from all over the Philippines flock in to visit Sto. Nino, people come here all year round.





Cebu Ferries from Lapu-Lapu City to Cebu City. If you commute, this is a very fast and cheaper alternative to go the heart of Cebu City.




Cebu City at Dawn. At Crown Regency Hotel and Towers.


CEBU at Night

Crown Regency Hotel and Towers, the City's tallest structure


At Mountain View, just below the Tops of Cebu


The Terraces at night, Ayala Center Cebu


VIVA PIT SENYOR!

Photo courtesy: www.sinulog.ph






*Photos taken with Lumix LX5

2 comments:

charmaigne grace said...

i love cebu too:)
lx5 po ba gamit nyo sa mga pictures yo?

Issa Irasga said...

hi there! yes I am using LX5 for these photos ;)