Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Trip to Memory Lane

The Finster Building (inside view). This was still under construction when I was in first year college but we were able to utilize the 2nd and 3rd floor.
A Sneak peek at the Ateneo de Davao Campus.

I really forgot, that it has been already years since I graduated in college. Hmm... Maybe I got too busy figuring out my life that's why. It even seems like just yesterday. haha Some of my younger colleagues are now even addressing me "Ma'am" which I am not really used to, some even told me that I was one of that staff that handled them when he was still a student. Gosh, I really must admit that time is just flying by.

Kiboy caught me on the phone while sitting comfortably on the bench haha 

An old time friend that I'll be missing yay! Kiboy was such a good companion since college, training days, tons of exam reviews, during work at SPMC, etc. etc. =D good luck my friend! =D




Anyway, last week I accompanied a friend and classmate to our Alma mater (Ateneo de Davao University) since he needs to process some school documents, good for him, finally he'll be having a good career ahead  =) I really don't want to be emotional, I had a lot of wonderful memories in this place, correct me if you did not consider college as one of the best part of your life. I just wanted to thank Kevin, because I realized that I don't have much photos in the campus, maybe because during our time, we don't pay much attention on taking pictures, there was friendster then that you can only 5 photos in your account. So pathetic. With Kiboy we were able to stroll around the campus and take some photos. I was even quite unprepared we were still even on our scrubs since we went straight ahead right after our duty.



As the dawn breaks...

At left photo,  at the benches at Finster Building. This was our favorite place while waiting for our next class. At right photo, one of the empty classrooms at Canisius Building.

Perhaps one of the reasons that really hit me hard was when we recently had our batch reunion in High School. I just felt that it was just yesterday, so much had change in the physical aspect including myself after a few more pounds later. There are so much that I have learned from this institution, lessons learned in and out of the classroom. I am not leaving Davao anytime soon, but if better opportunity comes to open my door, then I'll be more than willing to embrace it.

4th floor is where most of our classes were held, the mini canteen above is still standing, this has filled our tummies during classes because we are allowed to eat during classes because of ou. 
Kuya Guards fixing the Philippine Flag... 
An empty classroom that we happen to pass by. Being a student is such a tedious job. haha 
Some few reminders posted at the OSA bulletin board that an Atenean should possess.



Huling hirit pose, sige na lang, pagbigyan niyo na. haha =D

Well, this is just another trip down the memory lane. I just wanted to document the significant places in my life. It pays to recollect and look back where you started and came from. It's a humbling experience that leads you to appreciate yourself even better. I'll soon be posting some photos of my photo projects last year. =)

Photos taken entirely with LUMIX LX5 and edited with Photoshop CS4 for a more rustic vintage feel. 

1 comment:

Noeh said...

LOVE IT! Ikaw na! I miss college life na tuloy!! :)