Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The Urbanista


T  H  E
U  R  B  A  N  I  S  T  A


High Street Fashion - mainly defined as products mainly in clothing intended for the average high street where you can find affordable clothing lines for an average person, who can definitely keep up with the trends without spending much. This shoot was inspired from fashion blogs and in  LOOKBOOK.nu . We belong to a generation wherein fashion no longer belongs to runways, fashion magazines and print ads but rather to the fashionable people around the globe who freely express themselves with their fashion in the streets and influence others. They could be just anybody that you can come across with everyday. 








Photography by: Melissa Irasga
Hair and Styling: Suzette Cachuela
Model: Arnel Candia

If there is one person in mind that could totally pull off this shoot inside the compound of a mall here in Davao, that would be no other than Arnel, a fashionable friend/colleague. I repeatedly told him how confident I am with his style, surprisingly he wore nothing too flashy with just some hues of gray and black and textures of denim. I am no expert in fashion but I can definitely tell who's got some good taste on one. It takes a lot of guts to do this I know. haha






Davao is a growing city, with a promising potential on street fashion. There is already a growing number of fashionable people here, so my goal perhaps in the future is to feature more people in Davao from all walks of life in my blog. Take it from the Sartorialist, he somewhat inspired me to do this, with his idea of the relationship of the fashion world to daily life.




More photos....
















Some random shots - Store displays are kinda great for backgrounds as well =)












Sometimes there are funny moments during the entire process. We have to be makapal ang mukha for us to be innovative. Like the coffee cup I'm holding, it was taken from the table beside us, for the love of props. 

The girls behind the scenes Suzette for the styling and me for the photos

We will be having another upcoming shoot within the month. Excited much, I can't wait to make it happen!



2 comments:

Lesly D. said...

Lovely photos! :) I wish I could capture photos like you do. God bless :)

Lesly xx
thriftluster.blogspot.com

Issa Irasga said...

Thanks Lesly! Just do what you love to do :) Pays to practice a lot... hehehe