Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Meet Lolong the Crocodile


Saltwater Crocodile "Lolong" measures 20 ft. and 3 inches making him the world's largest

Last weekend, I headed off  for a brief road trip, just to say hello to "Lolong" the Crocodile. It was a 4-hour drive coming from Davao City, to Bunawan, Agusan del Sur, Philippines, where the World's Biggest Rescued Crocodile is being housed. I came from a night shift that day, so I literally slept for almost the entire trip. The Ecotourism park has been opened for almost a year now, it's better late than never. This is another rare opportunity that I couldn't miss. 

Local visitors who came to see Lolong that day.

I was wondering why they named it Lolong, just so I found out that he was named after a veteran crocodile hunter named Ernesto "Lolong" Goloran Canete, who led the hunt. But unfortunately died of heart attack a few days before Lolong's capture. More details here (thanks Wikepedia!)




The photos were taken by my brother Matt, I couldn't take the photos since my hands are too shaky :( These are taken with Canon EOS 7D using a Tamron 70-200mm lens, with minor post processing by me using Photoshop. I call this set "SWAMP PEOPLE" inspired, if you're watching this show on History Channel, you know what I'm trying to mean. 





I was there in the flesh, hope he won't come and find me hahaha

I hope that I have brought you to Lolong up close and personal, 
sparing you from a tedious 4-hour trip just to get there. Enjoy! =)




No comments: