Thursday, May 17, 2012

What's a Girl Got to do with her PHOTOSHOP?

Thinking...thinking...

So... what's a girl got to do with her Photoshop?! I've been trying to relieve my memories about 2 years ago, when I am just this eager girl sitting in front of the computer for hours and watch Photoshop tutorials and do some do it yourself stuff to improve my technical know how of this very complicated software. So complicated that self-study is not enough, I badly needed a course for this. 

I just realized that it is beyond adjusting the color, hues, brightness and the likes. There came a whirlwind of layers that you can do as many before you can achieve a certain image. I just wish I can do some tutorials, too bad I am no Photoshop guru. (haha) I had my inspiration through people and media to billboards and signages. Whenever I saw an ad campaign on magazines, sometimes I tell myself that I can do something like that one someday.


 


There was a time wherein I am so in love with angel wings. :)  

More graphic/graffiti inspired photos...





Apart from being a big fan of portraits, I also  love to capture still images that tell a thousand stories. It could be a pair of sandals like that one below which signifies a start of a new walk in life through sacrament of marriage or a rosary and bible that tells us there's light beneath darkness. Things like that inspires me. There's a struggle between my love on being a graphic artist but it is just not me. So I stuck myself to simple photography with vintage hues, bokehs and natural light, though I've been using flashes every now and then. I believe that less is more. I've tried to practice not to totally rely on photo editing tools. Instead, hone my craft in camera settings. That should every aspiring photography should do.



 



I am glad to have come up with these images, though I guess I might not be able to re-do this images again. Photography has been very popular these days, take Instagram for example on how enormous photo sharing is nowadays.  But still, I consider my Photoshop CS4 my own canvass for the modern day art. But, was I ever good enough? I really do not know,  I hope my post-processing doesn't suck that much! haha




*All images are edited with Adobe Photoshop CS4 from scratch =)

No comments: