Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Hint of Portuguese - Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken




 It has been quite awhile since I last set foot at SM City Davao, it is about 13 kms. away from home, so I find it not that practical to go there every now and then since there are already nearby malls near us. Anyway, my search for new restaurants have not ceased yet, It's my first visit for more than 2 months already so there was this anticipation that there could be new places to eat. So there was Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken (House of Portuguese-Style Grilled Chicken), to be honest I haven't heard of it before but I guess it's worth a try.

Random shot at SM City Davao (Annex Building)
The SM Annex is almost done, just awaiting for the other shops to operate. Definitely not the boxed SM we used to know.

The name "Peri-Peri" itself is very intriguing that makes a passerby like me say "It must be really something good". It means, “African bird's eye chili” which was discovered by Portuguese explorers in Africa. So therefore that particular spice, gives a different zest to our taste buds. Their chicken is very tasty, but for me it is just a few notches higher from our favorite "Lechon Manok" (Roasted Chicken). 

Price ranges from 175-499 approximately and the serving is good enough for one person to have a hearty and fulfilling meal. There are set meals customized to your preference which consist of 1/4 or 1/2 Chicken, Sidings and rice or Chicken and Pasta Combo. They also serve the likes of Fajita and Quesadillas, as well as pizzas. Unfortunately, the rice that was served to me wasn't cooked well, I realized it when I was about to end my meal since I was very hungry already. hehe However, I can say that this is a healthy alternative instead of always eating fried chicken in fast foods.


 We opt the set meal with siding and rice/pasta and Fajitas (Good for 3-4 persons)



Restaurant Interiors and Condiments...


 For 49 php, you can have Beverage and Soup all you can. Beverages ranges from softdrinks, juice, coffee, hot and cold tea. With options of soup (corn and mushroom). Not bad for 49 pesos though. 

After our meal, I had a cup of Cappuccino, just a great way to end my meal. Oh ha, parang coffee shop lang.


From night shift to food trip!



No comments: